Welcome to my blogspot!

This is where I will post various bits of information concerning all of the crazy stuff I do. There will be homeschool posts for Classical Conversations. There will be music lesson updates for my private lessons students. There may be information on Heritage Makers specials (online scrapbooking), and other creative outlets I participate in, such as crafting, decorating, and painting. There also might be "normal" blog posts if I get so inspired!







Friday, October 1, 2010

Today is October 1st. It has FINALLY cooled down a bit here in Florida. I am super excited to get out the fall decorations and get the house all cozy. I LOVE decorating for fall - the rich colors, and yummy candle smells! Yippee! I really am a bit down this morning about a few things, and I wish we could skip schooling and I could "play" with my decor. But I am reminded of the verse (and song) --"I am pressed, but not crushed, persecuted, not abandoned. Struck down, but not destroyed. I am blessed beyond the curse for His promise will endure, and His joy is gonna be my strength! Though the sorrow may last for the night, JOY COMES in the morning!" SO - I am off to fill the workboxes full of math, grammar, writing, history, etc... And I will pray that I can "get beyond myself" today and be the teacher and mommy my kids need today. They need to see that in the ups and downs, happy times and sad, I will have faith and trust in the Lord. In all I do.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful verse and song. I first heard it as a teenager and have never forgotten it:-)

    ReplyDelete